Sunday, June 6, 2010
The Valley
So today is a lazy sunday so I figured I might as well give you guys an update. Yesterday we drove outside of Huancayo and went to this restaurant slash summer camp type place, which I doubt it was. 9 of us decided to ride horses and of course I was given the largest, Saltan, who just happened to be absolutely insane. We rode through some small pueblos and then up to this ravine, Saltan would stop intermittently and refuse to walk at times, other times he would neigh his little heart out and scare the crap outta me. Anyway, we got off the horses and started to climb up this ravine, through small little caves and in between huge rocks, crawling, climbing and bushwhacking the whole way. When we reached the top the view was unbelieveable, cant wait to show you guys the pictures. We could see the whole valley and a giant glacier on the other side that we will be climbing this week (apparently you need coca leaves and cotton in your ears to climb it). Afterwards we rode back and Saltan tried to bite my foot off a couple times which was interesting, but we ran the horses and I felt like a cowboy. Afterwards we drove to this trout farm (trucha) and had amazing, fresh trout for lunch. Mine was fried, but I also tried ceviche, which if you dont know is, in this case fish, cooked in lemon oil and the acid cooks the fish, so its very much like sushi. After our great meal we went to a womans house who hand makes silver jewelry and we saw her process of making it and then were able to purchase if we desired and then drove to an alpaca store where there were tons of clothing, bags and statues. When we got home at 630 we were all far too tired to go to the discoteca, and I was too tired to go out to eat dinner even. A couple of us just sat on the couches and chatted for awhile, but were too lazy to get up and go to bed so I didnt even sleep till 1am! Well at least I got to sleep in today. We are going out to another great lunch today where they cook the meat in the ground, and then going to the giant sunday market where you can buy even more things than at the mercado libre. Ok, thats all for now, dont know when Ill get to update again but dont expect these too often now. Bye!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Alex! Thanks for the great updates!! I cannot believe you ate cow heart and intestines...Poopa Doppa is very proud! I am so glad you have such a great family to live with. It all sounds FANTASTIC! I can't wait to hear about your work in the hospital...I am so proud of you. Love you,
ReplyDeleteMom